Hetalia forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Mulitple Languages] Help Needed for Hetalia Archives Userboxes

3 posters

Go down

[Mulitple Languages] Help Needed for Hetalia Archives Userboxes Empty [Mulitple Languages] Help Needed for Hetalia Archives Userboxes

Post by Icelilly Fri 9 Sep - 1:55

Please forgive me if this is not allowed. If it's not allowed, feel free to delete this! The last thing I want to do is break the rules and cause trouble!

Back in May after the site came back online, we released some special language userboxes for users to put on their user pages. Of course, I'm not fluent in every language in the world and many of them were made with the help of Google which is not always reliable! So I'm appealing to you guys for help! I left a big post on Hetayume Forums (the forums for HA and Kitayume Wiki) back in early May but didn't get much of a response.

For translation, the sentences should work out as:

1- This user speaks [insert language here] at a basic level.
2- This user speaks [insert language here] at an intermediate level.
3- This user speaks [insert language here] at an advanced level.
4- This user speaks [insert language here] at a professional level.
[language code]- This user is a native speaker of [insert language here].

You can check out all the current userboxes here. The page may or not be slow to load since our host is currently moving servers. http://hetalia.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Hetalia_Archives:Userboxes/Languages

If it doesn't load, here's the full list:

- English
- French
- Spanish
- Italian
- German
- Dutch
- Portuguese (Portugal)
- Danish
- Swedish
- Finnish
- Norwegian
- Hungarian
- Czech
- Polish
- Latin (Request from FH14, one of our most active members)
- Catalan
- Estonian
- Latvian
- Lithuanian

Languages that need their texts reviewed:

- Swedish
- Norwegian
- Hungarian
- Czech
- Estonian
- Latvian
- Lithuanian (Thank you Eima!)

Languages that look good but could use a second opinion:

- Dutch
- Portuguese
- Polish
- Finnish
- Danish

Languages that need to be posted but need help:

- Russian
- Ukrainian
- Cantonese (Taken: WonderfulAsia)
- Mandarin (Taken: WonderfulAsia)
- Korean
- Japanese (Taken: WonderfulAsia)
- Thai
- Brazilian Portuguese
- Greek

Languages that may be added to the site:

- Icelandic
- Bulgarian
- Croatian
- Vietnamese
- Romanian
- Serbian
- Turkish

Languages on request:

None.

I hope someone here can lend a hand! Any kind of help is welcomed! Stuff in Italics means the language has been taken by someone but things can change over time and languages may get dropped so keep checking back! Sadly, the site is still not editable yet so if you have a translation ready to go, whether it's a new one or just review, post here or send a PM and I'll add it in when editing is enabled again.

Thanks again for the help!

Last edited by Icelilly on Sat 22 Oct - 3:26; edited 1 time in total
Icelilly
Icelilly

http://dreamingpearl.web.fc2.com

Back to top Go down

[Mulitple Languages] Help Needed for Hetalia Archives Userboxes Empty Re: [Mulitple Languages] Help Needed for Hetalia Archives Userboxes

Post by Inunobaka Fri 9 Sep - 7:18

It's perfectly allowed, no problems...
Just as a clarification, what you're asking is for people to make sure the little "1- This user speaks [insert language here] at a basic level. " etc text is correctly written in any of the languages listed here?
(I'm sorry it took me some time to really get what was asked, so I'd rather ask to make sure.)
Inunobaka
Inunobaka
Admin

Back to top Go down

[Mulitple Languages] Help Needed for Hetalia Archives Userboxes Empty Re: [Mulitple Languages] Help Needed for Hetalia Archives Userboxes

Post by Eima Fri 9 Sep - 8:30

If you need translations of "this user speaks" sentences, like inunobaka said. Than I can totally help with the Lithuanian ones, I noticed most had grammatical errors (though understandable)

Šis vartotojas lietuviškai kalba pagrindiniu lygmeniu. (basic)
Šis vartotojas lietuviškai kalba vidutiniu lygmeniu. (intermediate)
Šis vartotojas lietuviškai kalba aukštesniuoju lygmeniu. (advanced)
Šis vartotojas lietuviškai kalba profesonaliu lygmeniu. (professional)
Šio vartotojo gimtoji kalba yra lietuvių. (native speaker)

I hope this helps ^^
Eima
Eima

Back to top Go down

Post by Icelilly Sat 22 Oct - 3:25

Eep! I'm sorry guys! I've been having wi-fi issues so I've been away from the forums. D:

@Inunobaka: Yep! The first list features all the languages with offer for userboxes right now. The second list features the languages that are in desperate need of review. The third list features the languages that may not need to be reviewed but could use a second opinion. The fourth list features languages that are not up on the site right now but need to be added and need translators. The fifth list features languages that may be added onto the site in the future.

@Eima: THANK YOU SO MUCH!! You've been such a big help! I can't add them to the site now as editing is disabled by our host but the second editing is enabled I'll fix them up with your translations!
Icelilly
Icelilly

http://dreamingpearl.web.fc2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down