headcanons vs fanon vs Canon thread

Go down

headcanons vs fanon vs Canon thread

Post by Inunobaka on Tue 20 Sep - 18:05

Here you may actually compare what you consider Canon (explicitly stated in source material), what you consider Fanon (some trait given to a character/events/commonly accepted fact created by the fandom) or your own headcanons (some extra material created by you).

I believe it's interesting for people who like to write or rp to see how others characterize some character or see some events. I have quite extensive back-stories for the characters I really like, and seeing other people's intake on them is nice to me. In the same kind of things, seeing how people agree or disagree with some of himaruya's way to see things is also interesting.

Same as everywhere though; play nice. Everyone's opinion is valuable, respect it please.
Inunobaka
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: headcanons vs fanon vs Canon thread

Post by asari on Tue 20 Sep - 18:35

Well...in my headcanon Italy is actually a girl who cut her hair during WW2 in order to serve as a soldier, because she believed that Germany and Japan wouldn't accept her because she is a girl.

//Silly headcanon is silly.
asari

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Eima on Tue 20 Sep - 22:23

Headcanons! I love them~ I got quite a few myself, just can't seem to remember much.

One is that the nations live their lives as normal humans. Some have jobs (like Lithuania or Germany, the workaholics imo) others are supported by the government (like Greece and his lazy ways xD). They frequently date other humans, but try not to form a long time relationship. They meet other nations in meetings and all, but it's a smaller part of their lives. (boring real life in my hetalia? it's more likely than it seems)

Eima

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Inunobaka on Wed 21 Sep - 6:35

...The female!Italy headcanon strikes me as odd but okay, in a way I can see why you'd think it.

As for the "normal life" in Hetalia I can see it happen too! They ought to do more than just meetings and hanging out with the same group of x-nations for hundred of years after all.

My own headcanons are numerous but based on smaller things. Like I'd imagine Canada and America both would have this huge crush on England when they're kids, during their oedipal complex period... Something England would enjoy (not in the same way Spain does with Romano and Italy but still, he'd be flattered).

Same I think England and France are admittedly friends nowadays but keep on bickering for the sake of it, it's their own way to communicate and have fun. The at first made to be insulting "frog" and "Rosbiff" insults now are seen more like endearing than anything else, though don't expect them to cuddle or anything.

Now for Canon things...I'm pretty sure Gilbert's bird doesn't actually have a name...? But the fandom called it Gilbird a long time ago and it stuck. I think at least since I don't remember him calling the bird by a name.
Inunobaka
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down