Favourite/hated pairing

Go down

Favourite/hated pairing

Post by asari on Fri 16 Sep - 15:43

Cos nearly everybody has them. Very Happy I think, anyway.
It doesn't necessarily have to be a LOVE pairing, it can be any - friendship, enemies, frenemies etc.
Favourite:
I'm not going to be original on this one - USA x UK Very Happy (But I like to think of UK being the SEME >Very Happy)
Itacest - You can all thank FanFiction and zerochan.
Germancest - Same as above.
Germany x Italy - Fluff, fluff and fluff Very Happy Sometimes I read too much fluff with those two, sometimes I'm afraid my teeth will start to rot....
Spain x Romano - Cute tsundere Romano and Spain make my day.
France x UK (As frenemies...their relationship in the manga is portrayed fantastically, I must say. )
Belarus x Russia - Belarus' obsessive stalking are one of my favourite bits in the manga :^)

Hated
Hungary x Roderich (Seriously, just...no. In my opinion, Hungary-chan deserves someone who likes to give out a bit warmer feelings.)
Hungary x Prussia (that pairing just doesn't exist for me. I liked it at first, but then one day....poof. It was gone. )
The Frying Pangle - See above.
Russia x America - I just don't see these two together. They have been fighting for ages....I just....excuse me for not bothering to express my opinion on those two. I just can't.
etc.

Last edited by asari on Fri 16 Sep - 18:24; edited 1 time in total
asari

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favourite/hated pairing

Post by Inunobaka on Fri 16 Sep - 16:07

Admin stepping in before anything happens here;
If anyone bashes a pairing or goes shipwar here this thread is closing and the people responsible of the fighting get a warning/kicked out depending on how bad it was.
Done with the preventive action.
Would you mind giving more reasons as to why you like a pairing etc? It can be interesting, given people respect your opinions.
Inunobaka
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by asari on Fri 16 Sep - 18:20

Inunobaka:
Yes, I do too hate bashing pairings, too much obsessive fangirling etc....
P.S Edited the post with reasons elephant Very Happy
asari

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Inunobaka on Sat 17 Sep - 19:21

I guess I'll join in this one.
As of right now, the pairings I especially like are mostly PrussiaxCanada, EnglandxCanada, FrancexRussia, AmericaxRomano, AmericaxGermany and SpainxN.Italy.

I'm neutral toward most other pairings, I don't mind them etc, though I do have a few I just don't get or don't like. Those would be RussiaxAmerica, FrancexCanada, Germancest, Americest or Itacest (any kind of incest, technically) and PrussiaxAustria.

I'll of course detail a bit for every of those.

I especially like PrussiaxCanada because of the character's dynamics; I know there's almost nothing to indicate this could be a pairing (Prussia's blog is about all there is to it, if you take real life events in consideration then New Prussia in Canada but it's not much.) I think they actually could have enough common points to make it work out, while their differences would counter balance each other to somehow make an healthy yet odd couple. I think Canada having to deal with being forgotten quite often would make him understand Prussia's fears about his dissolutions pretty well; they're also both shown as pretty lonely, so they'd find some sort of company in each other. Beside Prussia comes out as loud and somewhat brash in some strips, while Canada is more quiet and calm. It'd make Prussia more bearable to others and Canada more likely to speak up.
it also seems like Canada have this kind of... stupid/odd side to himself (pasting a maple leaf on his forehead was a stupid idea; the king of the banana boats thing also was odd) so he could probably stand Prussia's own stupidness (buying lucky pandas and joining in France's Christmas shenanigans also is kind of stupid). That'd be my view on them and the reason why I fancy them together.

Now for EnglandxCanada, this one actually have some sort of historical basis since Canada was a British Colony. My headcanon says Canada didn't consider England like family really, but more like his nanny since he would have gotten more attached to France before being taken away. I think he'd somehow end up having a big crush on his guardian. It seems like England would probably not think much of it at first but somehow find it flattering and, given he pays him some attention, would return the affection. Mostly because Canada seems to be a sweet guy who wouldn't piss him off too much. I think they'd both be pretty awkward about it all, which make it "adorkable" as they say, which I also really like. it also have quite some potential for bittersweet stories if you add America in the lot, since I think England have this small obsession over him and Canada definitely seems jealous of the attention his brother (I consider them brothers) gets.

As for FrancexRussia, It's odd when you see it at first but once again I put some thoughts into it. I think overall Russia seems to be a really childish, lonely person. He definitely seems to crave for attention in strips, but it's also pretty obvious he have no clues on how to get it other than by being creepy; in the end people fear him but don't like him, which isn't his goal. France tends to be overly demonstrative of his affection, sometime in really indecent ways; he proved to think love should be shared universally. He also seems to be scared by Russia but in one strip he did gather the courage to go grope him (which wasn't actually un-welcomed, Russia being mostly surprised). I think that France is creeped out but would find Russia to be a challenge and an interesting person, so he would end up talking to him and perhaps flirting. Which would make Russia feel pretty unsettled but also pleased, and they would eventually slip in a sort of relationship, France becoming more and more interested and Russia enjoying the positive attention. I think there's a lot of potential for something quite fluffy since France would still feel a bit scared to outright grope him, yet they can also have a lot of really hot smexy times once Russia warmed up to the idea. It'd be pretty cute yet odd in my opinion.

AmericaxRomano is a bit odd in a way, but I think it works out well. I think Romano actually needs someone who would give him affection, need him in some ways (America does need some help on some points, it's shown when he hires Lithuania) since he did express a few time how he felt stupidly useless, and would welcome someone depending a bit on him. Though he would need someone who would stand up for themselves and not let him act as he please. America probably would like the challenge Romano is, and since Romano tends to end up in some silly situations, he'd feel like he needs to be his hero and act as such. Beside Romano would probably manage to help keep him in check a little, which is something he'd need too. They'd probably argue quite a bit and end up in some stubborn stares-off but overall oddly get along and even manage to be sweet sometimes, though they wouldn't be too much of the cuddly type in my opinion.

AmericaxGermany is another one that's kind of odd I suppose. I think America would annoy Germany quite a lot at first, and unsettle him since he seems to be more spontaneous, a bit like Italy would. However America also showed he could be serious, and they'd probably share a lot of hobbies (Working out, a certain liking of cars... Manly stuff.). Germany would definitely keep America in check while America would help him open up and have more fun. Germany would know he doesn't need to constantly worry about his well being and therefore would be more peaceful at work (something that wouldn't happen in Gerita though I like it too). America being pretty independent would let him have his alone time and work in peace, so they'd find some common grounds.

SpainxN.Italy is one I started liking recently; it seems like Italy quite likes Spain, and Spain returns the affection. While Romano would head-butt him and stubbornly never really show he likes him, which in my mind can't really be healthy, Italy would enjoy the loving he'd get. So it's not a lot compared to the others but I think this pairing can be incredibly cute and fluffy, as well as last for quite some time. Just a normal happy couple summed up.

Now for those I don't like; I don't understand the concept of hate-sex. I think Russia and America can end up getting along enough to work together but still would be really suspicious about each other after the whole Cold War deal, and wouldn't really feel love or sexual tension. To me wars=fightings, not war=sexual tension, that's mostly it. It works for TurkeyxGreece, PrussiaxAustria or any of those "hate we turn into love" pairings.
Same goes for incest; I don't like it, I find it myself quite... gross, so I won't ship it. I do believe there's a form of love between siblings, but a platonic one, one that's already beautiful without it being the "marriage/sex/going out" kind of love. I find the fact a lot of people need it to be of this kind a bit sad, since the dynamics you can explore when people are family, or hate each others, or are just friends are already good material to work on.
FrancexCanada grossed me out after rping it with someone, let's say something said during it was so awful to me it made me look at it like it was just... not okay. I tend to believe Canada and France have a father/son relationship and it works just well with me this way.

Now as I said before you may ship whatever you'd like and I actually do enjoy seeing other people's intake on said ships/characters, so feel free to participate. It's all our own opinions after all.
Inunobaka
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by asari on Sun 18 Sep - 7:16

Inunobaka wrote:
Now for those I don't like; I don't understand the concept of hate-sex. I think Russia and America can end up getting along enough to work together but still would be really suspicious about each other after the whole Cold War deal, and wouldn't really feel love or sexual tension. To me wars=fightings, not war=sexual tension, that's mostly it. It works for TurkeyxGreece, PrussiaxAustria or any of those "hate we turn into love" pairings.

THIS.
+100
Personally I really dislike AmericaxRussia because of this reason. And all the pairings you said. Last time I checked, War=hate, right? Not war=love or love hate or anything like that. Also, Hungary x Romania are also disliked by moi because Hima-papa clearly stated TWICE that they HATE each other. But I would like seeing them kicking each other's asses in the manga Cool I regret nothing.
asari

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Coqui Froggy on Sun 18 Sep - 10:42

I...I'm in love with GerIta. /sob

It's just...I love their interactions and I love how they act around each other, and that's all I'm going to say before I fangirl like crazy. ^^

I like a lot of other pairings too. I love USUK, AusHun, SuFin, GiriPan, SwissLiech, FranSey, Spamano, LietPol, HKxTaiwan, S.Korea/China, Russia/China, TurkIce (LOL), BelaLiech, Hungary/Ukraine, Hungary/Belgium, Seborga/Wy and some more.

I'm not very fond of Russia/America either, though it's not so much their history as much as I'm just not interested in it. I also don't really care for Japan/Taiwan.

Of course, I don't mind if other people like either, and it's not like I hate them. (I'll even look at fanart of them at times!) But I just can't fangirl over them.
Coqui Froggy

View user profile http://rosetteroulette.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Eima on Sun 18 Sep - 19:38

Pairings wise I'm pretty open to anything. Except for one, which I'll mention later. Most of my otps have purely historical reasoning, if their personalities mach as well, I fangirl as the place where bad people go once they die.

LithuaniaxBelarus right now is my current obsession. 600 hundred years of common history they bound to have a tight relationship. (I have tons of headcanons myself) I like the way that Liet is the only one (in basically the whole world) who doesn't see her as a psycho Female dog and is in love with her despite all the flaws . I see him being caring and attentive so much that Bela just slowly warms up to him. Romantic? Very.

RussiaxFrance is another one. I like them in both romantic and platonic relationships. The truth is, Russia and France have a long history of mutual friendship . Most of the nobility in Russia spoke French and had common trips to France. I totally see Russia being a fanboy and visiting him as much as he could, in term France would love the attention. They would get along so nicely xD

What's the pairing that I hate?
LithuaniaxPoland. I hate it for the same reason I like pairings, the history. For people who did not know Poland and Lithuania had a very rough history together. I won't go into detail, if anyone wants I'll be happy to elaborate.
Eima

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Atsun on Sun 18 Sep - 20:24

My favourite pairing is Spain/South Italy. Aside from the fact that they may or not look cute together, what I really like is how their relationship develops through the time. At first they didn't like each other at all and Spain would always get mad at Romano for being such a lazy kid. And Romano, on the other hand, wouldn't trust Spain because he thought he was longing for Rome's inheritance (?) Anyway, when Spain saved him from Turkey (and spent a lot of money in the process), Romano realised that he could trust Spain no matter what. And well, even though Romano always is a bit of a jerk, he is shown to care about him too (remember when Romano "protected" Spain from the German soldier or that time when he fought the mafia just to help Spain?). In fact, almost every single strip in which they appear together shows that Romano trusts Spain. A lot. And Romano needs to be loved and be shown that he's great the way he is and Spain looks like he's an affectionate guy, isn't he?

(wow, that's so long)

Germany/Italy is my second favourite pairing, but there's no much to say about them. I think it's one of the cutest pairings out there.

Also, I like Prussia and Hungary as friends, even though they'd be quite cute as a couple, though.

Ah, I totally see Romano and Netherlands as bros. Yeah.

And my secret pleasure is Spain/Belgium. They seem to get along pretty well and since both of them are so cheerful, I really think they would make a fun and cute pairing. I like them just as two good buddies, too.

About pairings I hate... Well, I don't hate any pairing, just dislike. Anyway, the pairing I dislike the most is Prumano, definitely. I could see them as two good frenemies or even close friends (I think they share a lot of things), but I can't see them as lovers. I just can't. The same goes for Romerica and Netherlands/Japan. And I can't see Russia and USA loving each other, sorry.

Inunobaka wrote:Same goes for incest; I don't like it, I find it myself quite... gross, so I won't ship it. I do believe there's a form of love between siblings, but a platonic one, one that's already beautiful without it being the "marriage/sex/going out" kind of love. I find the fact a lot of people need it to be of this kind a bit sad, since the dynamics you can explore when people are family, or hate each others, or are just friends are already good material to work on.

THIS. SO. HARD.
Atsun

View user profile http://tedibe.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Noebell on Sun 18 Sep - 22:45

Atsun wrote:And my secret pleasure is Spain/Belgium. They seem to get along pretty well and since both of them are so cheerful, I really think they would make a fun and cute pairing. I like them just as two good buddies, too.

^^^ This.

Well, actually I love Spain with the whole world :_D But my prefer ones with him are France/Spain and Spain/Belgium (because there isn't Portugal yet... but Iberiancest is canon for me ;_; and my favourite pairing with Spain ;_;).

My OTP was for a long looooong time Frain/FrEs (however you call it), but since one year or so, it's FrUK <3

I.am.so.fucking.obsessed.with.those.two. ?__? Because I love their history <3 I think their relationship has evolved so much and, well, I have a lot of FrUK headcanons, but they're just that: headcanon :') And I don't mind if it's UK/France or France/UK... top!England is fahdsasdhgdajs for me and the hottest thing in this world x'D BUT I can see him like an uke with France... only with him. (Sometimes with Spain too...)

I also like Russia/Prussia, Russia/USA, USA/Canada (Canada/USA ?_? because Matthew is more seme than Alfred), Italy/Germany (because Italy is SUCH a seme and Germany SUCH an uke), Cuba/USA, Germany/France (... ;__; Sorry! I know France is more seme, but I like seeing him like an uke ;_;), England/Germany, England/Russia, England/Monaco (WHAT? x_DU No, I don't like England/World. This last one is because of a friend of mine :'D), Netherlands/Belgium (no more than Netherlands/Spain or Spain/Belgium (?)), France/Jeanne (even if I feel like crying everytime I see something about that pairing...), Italy/France (and I know you are going to kill me, but I see Italy more seme than Francis :_D), Russia/France (AND I KNOW RUSSIA IS SUCH AN UKE. The same than with Germany... I just like seeing Francis being topped >>U), Prussia/Hungary, Turkey/Greece, Turkey/Egypt, Denmark/Iceland, England/Prussia, France/Prussia... And that's all. (?)

Then, I hate:
-Spamano. (The ONLY pairing I don't like with Toño)
-RoChu.
-USUK/UKUS.
-England/Canada.
-Franada.
-Prussia/Canada. (Because Canada is topper than Pru and I don't like OoC)
-Denmark/Norway.
-Sweden/Finland.
-Lithuania/Poland.
-Netherlands/Canada.

... I know I'm weird :')
Noebell

View user profile http://flavors.me/noebell

Back to top Go down

Post by asari on Tue 20 Sep - 17:59

Eima wrote:

What's the pairing that I hate?
LithuaniaxPoland. I hate it for the same reason I like pairings, the history. For people who did not know Poland and Lithuania had a very rough history together. I won't go into detail, if anyone wants I'll be happy to elaborate.

+1000000
I see their pairing as something like: "Look, we had our fun time together, we were really good mates, but something went wrong and it's never gonna be the same. "
asari

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Carmina on Wed 21 Sep - 9:37

Pairings that I like:

USUK, FrUK or the FrUSUK love triangle. Mostly because I love the whole love/hate dynamic between England and America or England and France. Also the shared history. The Revolutionary War scene always makes me want to cry!

I like GerIta for the fluff and Giripan for the same reason.

Spamano I like because I see them starting off as enemies and gradually coming round to liking each other. The build-up can be quite sweet.

I quite like the Frying Pangle because of the personalities of the three characters and the fact that Hungary is one of the few strong female characters in the series.

I like RoChu because I see China as being one of the few characters who could deal with Russia's creepy personality.

I'm just coming to like SuFin after having watched World Series because its just so cute.

As for pairings I don't like... I don't really hate and pairings and usually I can be won over by a well-written piece of fic. There are a few I'm less enthusiastic about though...

Americest, mostly because I see their relationship as very familial and I can't really shake that image. Like others I'm not that keen on incest pairings.

American/Russia I can't really see, both because of their history and I don't really see their personalities gelling that well.

Itacest I can't really see because I think they both need someone a little more mature.

Carmina

View user profile http://dragon-of-heaven.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down