Hetalia forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which characters would you really like to see?

5 posters

Go down

Which characters would you really like to see? Empty Which characters would you really like to see?

Post by Carmina Sun 11 Sep - 21:20

So I'd really like to see the celtic nations. Other characters that I think might be cool would be the South American nations and some African countries. Who do you think would be cool?
Carmina
Carmina

http://dragon-of-heaven.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Which characters would you really like to see? Empty Re: Which characters would you really like to see?

Post by asari Mon 12 Sep - 17:06

All the ones you listed plus I also think Czechoslovakia, Portugal would be essential. Also, it would be cool to see more of Australia and more of Oceania...they haven't even been MENTIONED in the strips.
asari
asari

Back to top Go down

Which characters would you really like to see? Empty Re: Which characters would you really like to see?

Post by Carmina Mon 12 Sep - 17:34

Yeah Czechoslovakia would be an interesting one because I'd guess you'd need one character pre-1993 and then separate characters representing the Czech Republic and Slovakia after they split (or maybe Czechoslovakia becomes one or the other?). Portugal is definitely sorely missing and I'd like to see his/ her relationship with spain. I too would love to see more of Australia and Oceania.
Carmina
Carmina

Back to top Go down

Post by Inunobaka Tue 13 Sep - 14:49

I personally think Himaruya should work on his existing characters to add some depth to them instead of creating new ones. he can make a character design for every country in the world, but I think it would be pretty useless if they never appear in a strip and just stay a doodle. He could put some characters with little canon in the spotlights some more, then work on making new ones.

A lot of people make great OCs (or well, there are mary sues or downright hilarious ones, I think there was a blonde with blue eyes and really white skin Latin American OC that came out, which is slightly odd when you know what they'd generally look like over there... Not saying there aren't people like that but I'm fairly sure it's not a majority.) so I think there's no real rush. Beside I find it somewhat interesting to compare how people view one country, something that won't probably be done anymore once there's a canon version of said country.
Inunobaka
Inunobaka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Carmina Tue 13 Sep - 14:59

There are definitely some characters could do with fleshing out more, like Australia for instance. And I do agree that having every country in the world represented would be a bit difficult to manage. I would like to see some more ethnically diverse nations though and I definitely think there could be interesting things done there. I do agree though that there are some great OCs out there and I've seen some interesting takes on characters.
Carmina
Carmina

Back to top Go down

Post by Coqui Froggy Wed 14 Sep - 10:47

I have to admit, I'd love to see more Latino nations. But I'll be happy with any new characters we get.
Coqui Froggy
Coqui Froggy

http://rosetteroulette.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by asari Wed 14 Sep - 15:01

Yes, that's true that he needs to concentrate on important characters more - but seriously, how come there's NO PORTUGAL OR AUSTRALIA, NO AFRICA OR LATIN AMERICA, and author made stuff like Wy or Sealand or Seborga.
That's just sad.
asari
asari

Back to top Go down

Post by Inunobaka Wed 14 Sep - 15:33

I don't think it's sad as it is. Since nobody would know of those three without Hetalia to be honest, and micro-nations are quite an interesting subject. Sealand's history is quite odd, funny, and suits Hetalia's purpose here, same for Wy or Seborga in my opinion, so why not?

(When I said nobody, I meant not a lot of people; I never heard of it before and I doubt you would, unless you took a course or work on something dealing with it...)
Inunobaka
Inunobaka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by asari Wed 14 Sep - 18:10

To be entirely honest, I love Sealand, it's history is interesting and funny, but I just don't see why Hima-papa would want to create him without making other important characters.
asari
asari

Back to top Go down

Post by Inunobaka Wed 14 Sep - 18:12

I can understand why; it's a funny character to work on, and creating other characters for the sake of it may lead to not really interesting one... And the guy did start it all out to have fun, it became pro but it seems like he just really want to enjoy himself still from what I saw. It's only my interpretation though.
Inunobaka
Inunobaka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by asari Wed 14 Sep - 18:23

You know, that might have been the case. I just wished that he made other important characters that played a certain part in world history. Plus, I really want to see the badass side to Spain and England Very Happy pirat
asari
asari

Back to top Go down

Post by Inunobaka Wed 14 Sep - 18:52

That's understandable too...Then again I'm pretty sure there are ways to make England and Spain be bad-ass without new characters. That's just my opinion though <3
Inunobaka
Inunobaka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Coqui Froggy Thu 15 Sep - 20:02

asari wrote:Yes, that's true that he needs to concentrate on important characters more - but seriously, how come there's NO PORTUGAL OR AUSTRALIA, NO AFRICA OR LATIN AMERICA, and author made stuff like Wy or Sealand or Seborga.
That's just sad.

There is an Australia, though. ^^ And as for Africa, we do have Egypt, Seychelles, Cameroon, and those characters from the older version of Gakuen Hetalia.

Me, while I would love a Portugal or an India, I'm also quite happy with the micronations. <3
Coqui Froggy
Coqui Froggy

Back to top Go down

Post by asari Fri 16 Sep - 19:47

Which characters would you really like to see? Tumblr12
Is this...is this OFFICIAL?
Like...wow.
I stumbled upon this in tumblr and I gotta say - I really want to see the female Portugal, but male Portugal would be easier to "fit in" with the rest of the characters.
asari
asari

Back to top Go down

Post by Inunobaka Fri 16 Sep - 20:48

I'm pretty sure it was said it was only some discarded doodles, and there's nothing official about Portugal when it came out.
Inunobaka
Inunobaka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by asari Sat 17 Sep - 13:17

Inunobaka: No....just......no....*goes to cry in her emo corner*
asari
asari

Back to top Go down

Post by Inunobaka Sat 17 Sep - 15:13

You could always use the doodles as a base for an OC if you really want it so badly...
Inunobaka
Inunobaka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by asari Sat 17 Sep - 17:46

To be honest, I don't like OCs. For a split second I thought there would be more females in Hetalia. Like a Star @ heaven
asari
asari

Back to top Go down

Post by Coqui Froggy Sun 18 Sep - 10:36

I've heard nothing about them being discarded as much as it's just not clear which one Himaruya will pick.

Here's the whole pic with all the potential Portugals:

Which characters would you really like to see? Portugal2

I have to admit, I'm rooting for one of the girls. (The longhaired one especially. I love you)
Coqui Froggy
Coqui Froggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Carmina Sun 18 Sep - 19:07

A few more female characters would be quite nice to balance things out.
Carmina
Carmina

Back to top Go down

Post by Atsun Sun 18 Sep - 19:41

I really love the first design for Portugal. It'd be awesome to have another strong and cool female character in the cast ♥
Atsun
Atsun

http://tedibe.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum